Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Reflecting on a Learning Journey


Reflecting back this learning journey from the time I started to this moment of finishing, I can truly admit that I’ve become a lot more comfortable and confident in wanting to emerge the various forms of technology into my future curriculum. This course has dynamically expanded my understanding of how easily and innovatively I can input technology in various ways into the learning process. My apprehension to online or distant learning has diminished greatly due to learning how connected, creative and hands-on students can be in an online course.

Tools like social media i.e. blogs, twitter, and YouTube are all current craze that students are using in their everyday lives. I’m excited to now know that there is a greater probability of successfully motivating all my students to wanting to learn by using these tools as educational instruments.  Diigo, prezi, hoot, and wikipage are some of the awesome new tools that I’ve become more familiar with and I’m eager to continue using these tools and finding new ones to enhance my future classrooms. 

Overall I really enjoyed this course and how it was structured.  It challenged me to think outside of the box, to be more of a critical and creative thinker. The blogging and the weekly Diigo bookmarking article components were my favorite tasks because it allowed me to research and gather real life experiences and/or examples of how technology impacts the learning process. The textbook and the weblinks within the weekly modules were all up-to-date information on technology and it clarified a lot of technical concepts and terms that I didn’t know or understood. The Culminating Project was a wonderful way to have us practice and evaluate how well we have grasped the objectives of this course. 

I’m truly satisfied with all the resources that I’ve gained from taking this class. I now feel well equip to go out into the school system and become a real 21st century teacher that will be capable of providing my students with top-notch learning innovations.

No comments:

Post a Comment